Hello everyone and welcome to Critical Role where we sit around and play dungeons & dragons. We missed you out last week but you had a chance to check out Vox Machina wedding one shot. [Applause] It’s kind of awesome. But we do have a few things to talk about before tonight’s episode. Beginning with one of our two sponsors. New sponsor tonight. Bleep Bloop blork don’t call me Sam use my dark net user name yeah – [email protected] I’ve been spinning my web, jail breaking the malware. All for the lols, hacker style. Now it’s time to Jack into the main frame. With some crash code that I thought up. It’s sword fish. NordVPM, a personal network service provider with 5,000 servers in 60 countries. And they’re sponsoring tonight’s Critical Role. Let’s see if I can hack to their elegant yet easy to use system. Listen, cyber security may seem.com plex, but nord shields your internet from hackers. [laughing] It protects you on public Wi-Fi networks and even blocks annoying ads. But I have another ace up my sleeve. Defragging the root kit. My system is off line. I’ve been sliced! [laughing] These nordpvm servers are super fast. You get 75% off. A three year plan and an extra month free, protect yourself online today. Back to you, Matt. Hack the planet. You can see your screen saver in the reflection of your glass. I’m hacking right now. Thank you, Sam. Thank you, Sam. Thank you, thank you Nord vpm. Dnd D&D Beyond you’re absolved of Sam regal, you guys can check it out. If it is your first time hearing about it. It will track all of your elements, both official and homebrewed. It’s good stuff. It’s what we use here on the show. And you can check it out at dnd beyond.com beyond.com/critical Role. Next week we’re taking a break from Critical Role. I’ll be flying to Sweden. I’m be at the Comic Con in Stockholm. I’m excited to meet people up in the area. I’ll be able to meet a bunch of you folks. If you want to check it out. Go to CritRole.com/events. You can do an accent from Sweden. Oh, I have to go there. Oh, yeah, kitty cats, fireballs, yeah. That’s really not. So from Sweden. I’ve been there, and most people don’t have accents, actually. I get it now. I have to get it now. Starting my sys.dot.ini file from my 2,000. Hacked. Wildly dead in 15 to 20 days. He just doesn’t know it yet. As a person who did it for a number of years, this hurts my soul. Anyway, Stockholm. As we continue to work on the animated version of Vox Machina, we want you to be part of the process. Check out our pole at CritRole.com/wanted. Chime in and join us on Tuesday, the 17th here – on twitch when we get to
– announce what the tavern keeper is going to be that you have brought to life. Come to CritRole.com CritRole.com/wanted to be part of this. I would watch the shit out of this. I’ve been sliced! I don’t know if you noticed, but our fabulous–which we designed. We did. Well, we helped design. Our available for pre-order in the shop in the U.S. Check them out if you want to. They’re pretty. They’re fancy. Oh, wow. Yeah, I just made that up on the spot. There is a reason why I don’t do the promos. There is something so elegant about the contrast of this beautiful ring, and this spells quality. And Liam, you have a cool little announcement. Oh, man, we’ve got a little treatsy for you tonight. Since we’re rolling in at level 10, we felt it was time to unveil our new character art by @orderen. She’s doing the whole campaign. They’re mouth watering. [ Cheering ] Look how tall you are, Caduceus. I’m very tall. Look at those fuckin’ absence on Beauregard. Look at that coat. Hell yeah. Look at the anxiety and that sword. That sword is so nice. David Bowie could do some Yasha. And the beading on her coat, you guys, it is so pretty. – Can we zoom in on
– Nott’s face? Look auto those eyes. Let’s talk about the button necklace. – The necklace is amazing.
– The details are so amazing. As we’ve seen, that goblin will straight up kill you. Yes, that quilted jacket. And the yellow is great. Keep scamming around. Let’s see other people’s details. Wow. By the way, if anyone wants to see this art in full, individual portraits, go to CritRole.com right now. Ariana killed it. Alrighty. So without further ado, let’s jump in to tonight’s episode of Critical Role. ♪ Critical ♪ ♪ role ♪ ♪ critical ♪ ♪ role ♪ ♪ critical ♪ ♪ role. The adventure begins ♪ ♪ they were always beside you ♪ ♪ your nerdy best friends ♪ ♪ and the dm to guide you ♪ ♪ and they rise from the flames for the battles ahead ♪ – ♪ villains beware
– because you’re about to be dead ♪ ♪ ♪ they got magic and flayer ♪ ♪ they God got falcons ♪ ♪ you’re take a chance ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ can you answer the call ♪ ♪ dig deep in your soul ♪ ♪ as the legends unfold ♪ ♪ now it’s your turn ♪ ♪ your turn ♪ ♪ your turn ♪ ♪ to role ♪ And welcome back. I don’t know what that was, but sure. So last we left off, the Mighty Nein had made their way northward. They had made contact with the keepers in the sanctum, the during lodge where the dust family with connection to the clay family was brought with an interesting challenge. The clay family trying – to bring some of these
– visions to bear, and some way to protect their home growth. There is audio glitches tonight. I hacked it. You managed to acquire some of this residuum and process it in the under forge. And in doing so completed one aspect of this vision. You also made friends with reiny, an amazing SMR drew I had who was living in Uthadurn, and you used ice flex and returned to have two halves and a long shattered magical sword reforged. Now at the hands of Ford, who had tossed his blade into the flames, and spent a period of – time powerless and in
– search of direction. Accepted a charge from the Wildmother herself, and begins his first day on the path so as we pick up here. You have said your goodbyes to Reani, who has returned to Uthadurn who will take on some of that contract that she had agreed to, in figuring your why it seemed like she was interested in some adventure and bad entity any way. She says her goodbyes. It’s midday or so,er with it is cold after a fresh snow on the outside. What would you like to do? Were you able to do the thing you needed to do, Mr. Caduceus. I’m having an ice attack. I started to do what I needed to. I’m going to be leaving you all. Appreciate it. You can’t sleeve. Take his stuff. Is there a next step in what you want to accomplish. I need to return to resona for a short spell. I think we need to gather and regroup. I. Let’s figure out where we all are, first. And maybe had a. I’m so grateful. This is incredible. It’s more than I could have expected. It’s a beautiful sword, truly. What did you do to deserve it? Nothing. Everything. Well, Caduceus gave it to me. Well, that was very – noble.
– And he turned down ultimate powers so that he could be a better person. Or some power. Like, he could have controlled the seas, basically. He said no, I don’t want to do that. I’m going to say no we would have rewarded that with this sword. Why did you say it like that? I don’t know. It sounds like you did a lot to deserve it. I won’t lie. It feels good to have this. It means a lot. I mean, it seems right that you would give back all of our stuff now, right? The stuff we loaned you? Yes, of course, I have the glove, a and I have the dagger, of course. – And the whip.
– Did you want the whip. You’re so strong now, I feel like the whip is really appropriate for you. That sea weed wrap. I need to eat better. The glove. Would you like it back? No, you hold on to that. Would you like the dagger? It’s lock-closing ability. If you don’t want it, I wouldn’t say no. But. Effecting good positive change. Does that mean you can’t have sex any more. I did not read that in any by line. I have read about holy people, and you have to take a vow of chastity and a vow of silence. Is this right? That’s what I read. No sex and shut up. Which weirdly if you don’t talk, it makes sex even better. I don’t want to upset – the Wildmother.
– Those two things aside, do you plan to go about your business in a different way now, some how? Oh, no, he is he is a mile. New try that with your original accept. [mumbling] Sling blade. Very good with accents. Perhaps not the silence part. You shouldn’t go without the sex part either. Fair enough. That’s stupid. We should make our way home. Or at the very least do we have research to do on the king who crawls, the creatures we’re going to be meeting? It’s hard to concentrate. Where did that come from. It came from the Wildmother. Oh, shit. Did that hurt? No. Ouch. How hard would it be to return home at this point? Not hard at all? Like home-home? Which home, you mean to Rosohna or the shore house? Perhaps you can message ahead. I need to visit that prison again. Oh, okay. A couple of days. Do you want me to–yes? Yes, we need to alert them that we plan to come. Yes, I can send a message to the library. What are you planning to get out of that, woman, that you haven’t already? I didn’t get anything out that have woman already. There was a time element to that, was there not? I was not prepared. To run into my past. Perhaps–I think I need to–that’s behind me, and I have not walked as far as that woman has. I think I want to try to understand. All right. She’s going to die. Mm-hmm. I will watch, if they will permit me. Why? She deserves it. Like how do you mean she deserves it? I assume she has not had much empathy offered to her. And she offers no empathy, nor will she any more. But things may be better for me if there had been a little more empathy, and there was none. But there is now. This isn’t some sort of weird masochistic, self-projection type of thing, is it? Should I send a message then right now? Are you going, like, now? Is there anything you would like to wrap up – before we go?
– I’ve taken care of everything that I need here. I believe. The next part of what I need to do is not here, if I recall. No, you were given visions of a jungle oasis. Mm-hmm. It was people from Reani’s past, and we’re searching as well. She has negative experiences in the past and there was a connection that was made. We have to figure out what the laughing hands were doing. We have to get back to – business.
– Real business. There are shitty people all over the world. And travel come is coming up. It’s pretty kind of soon. It’s roughly seven to – eight weeks.
– Seven to eight weeks? If I recall. We have to start building our costumes. There is a lot of crap that goes into, I need to talk to the traveler. – Do you want to come.
– It’s going to be super fun. I definitely have to say yes. I’ve never cross played before. I can make us all traveler outfits. Do we need to check in with the bride the white queen at all? That would be a smart thing. It’s been a couple of weeks. We’re going to let them know we’re coming. – Yes.
– That’s what we’re doing. – It doesn’t matter.
– We can just show up there. We can just show up. I’m going to send a message. Yes, please. Hi, we’re wrapping it up. Up near on our way back to the palace. Just wanted to give you a heads up because we’re very polite. Where do I do this? We can do this here. What else are we going to do? I have the falcon. So for an at hour. You sit and center yourself, connecting and extending your blade pact with your new weapon. This is prime territory for some really good Brinks. Could you bring a toilet back or away. Like say Nott is on the toilet. Can you do that? Nott and the toilet. Can you do Nott, too? Can you do people. I don’t think I can do either. I think it’s only weapons. You just wait. [groaning] It’s strange. When ever you’ve bonded with a pact weapon. It’s always been like a relay. Like you’re borrowing a tether from something dark and cold but from below, representing Uk’otoa’s gift, and using it to tether the weapon to you. This, the tether comes from within. To not sense it as something so directly borrowed. As soon as you finish your period of concentration, you feel the blade connect. You can feel the cold of the ice flex curl across your fingers. – And your skin numbs
– momentarily as you feel this played become one with you. Whatever this dark seed that you still hold within you is, as you open your eyes and you turn it over, and you guys watch as the blade crumbles to snow and vanishes from his hand. That’s so cool. Seems like such a – waste.
– We have to go back to the dragon again. Yes, I will try to resum re resummon. A familiar splash of water shoots forth to where he said previously summoned his weapon. – Except where there is
– land, it is freezing cold, a and a bit of frost was left behind. That was really cool, Fjord. I’ll go over an make it disappear. Make it snow. The little things. You’ve been more than accommodating. I’m ready now. This has been finished for 40 minutes. I just need to do a – couple of lines.
– Are you ready? Quickly. I need about ten more minutes. How many snow angels have you made. 50. It’s really pretty. She’s making like a man Mendel La La, and then in the fresh snowfall, there are dozens and dozens of Jester shapes. Oh, my God, the forces. [laughing] Ancient aliens. Ancient aliens suggest. Sword boring. The familiar thrust, dragging you into the darkness, and then all of you stepping out. Do you remember to mark off your material. The guards turn, but now they seem to have grown – more use to your
– independent messages. There isn’t a moment of extreme tension. They turn and then go back to their post. Oh, that change in temperature. So good. Do we need to check in with anybody at the palace or go straight to the prison cell. We’ve been avoiding the bq. TRAVIS: Should we continue? We can’t just walk in in. Have we anything to – report?
– We haven’t done anything. I don’t think we should bother her straight away. – I’ve already been told
– that it would be all right. Let’s see if there has been any sightings of the creature. That’s a good note. Are we making ourselves more readily–oh, that looks good– Gentlemen Yes. More readily available to the queen. Now that we’re here? Doing research and amazing power. We should look at our housekeeping and talk about next steps. They want me to consider going back to the empire. Who is they? To do a mission. Why don’t we wait until later to talk about that. For right now we’re just going to find Essek. – Do you know where he was
– going to meet us? Nope. I guess we’ll just go home. I assume he’ll meet us there. Sebastian, where your house awaits you. Catching a few stares, but you’ve established yourself with the nans at least. People still turn. A Motley Crue in the capitol of the Dynasty. But you do look and see the glow of the gargantuan tree. You’re entering the house. It’s quiet. It’s still. No one is there to greet us at the door? No, you have means to enter the house. Do you prefer to knock? No, we’ll just enter. You walk into the home into silence. Hello. Oh, whatever his name. Any signs. Make a perception check. You haven’t spent enough time. A strong enough memory for placement of things in your house, for the amount of time you have spent here, to corroborate things that have been shifted. It doesn’t feel right. I would like to check my room to make sure that everything is exactly as I left it. Everything you is as you left it. I’m heading upstairs. I’m going to look in the kitchen. We have a basement, right? You have a hot tub in your tower. It’s filled with liquid. Clear liquid. Vodka? It’s water. I gist panic and get in. It appears to be water. I wonder where our housekeeper is. Maybe she’s out, on a mission. Should we do this for now. Maybe she’ll come home. In the kitchen, does it look like food was recently bought and stored? Let’s do an investigation check. There is a cigar burning. Mm-hmm. 10. It’s hard to tell. It’s hard to tell. I’m an expert at food. She’s a good housekeeper. Maybe we can send her a message. Is everybody okay? We’re back at the house. Just wondering where you are. We’re all curious. Donuts. You have too much power with this stuff. It’s the last six words that are always the thing. Donuts. How people know it’s really us. We’ll just go to the final phrases. We’ll billboard it somewhere. Do at a Do-ta-do donuts. The only response you get is–wait. Oh, no. Was she annoyed? I don’t think she’s on a shopping run. Okay, okay. Does anyone feel like something is off. Some place she can’t talk. Are. Can I investigate around the bunk or stuff? Sure. – You’ve spent time.
– And then you hear a sound. On the balcony. Are you okay? I’m fine, thank you. You Dairon is home. Oh, shit, I wasn’t waiting at all. Dairon continues downstairs. We have stairs? My whole life flashed before my eyes. As you gather. How go your travels. Fucking nuts. We went to the forge. Show him the sword. Yes, we required new poise. What about you? Well, having to play the part ofous housekeeper has been demoralizing. There have been curious neighbors peeking in. Imagine how we feel not being able to hire a real housekeeper. Would you like to tell us what you’ve been surveilling? No, I would like to continue keeping up your household. – Let’s chill the fuck
– out. I’ve been busy while you have been away. Doing what I do best. Which is skulk and listen. I’ve been trying to get a bead on all the dens and pursue any threats that might connect. Which direction. What direction would they push if not west word. You’re talking about the queen. Yes. Kings paji, that’s what it’s called. Kings baji. It is difficult for me to get information on my own. If there are discussions in the home, maybe you need assistance to stay around and search. Just keep your ears open. It will be very useful. Like what. Getting someone interesting and having to flee before I’m found, hung, quartered, and put on display as a traitor. Clearly you’re feeling a little abandoned. – I wasn’t intending to
– come here by myself in the beginning. Us in our current position is just a boon. I’m thinking of ways where this can be more useful to myself and our general interests for the empire. We should do what we can and take it back home. So what are you doing now? Since you’re finding strange artifacts. Fighting drags. That strange figure, yes? Idiosyncratic. That’s interesting, it could be new. You think we’re a cult. You tell me. I never thought about it that bay, but it sounds pretty fun. A cult it is. No, we’re not a cult. We’re a religious group and we follow people shoot, are we a cult? Do you follow one charismatic leader? Does he encourage you to do things that are out of the ordinary and – destructive to normal
– society. Obviously. Does he encourage you to flock to him in mass, sort of, and worship him him. A cult implies that it is hog wash. But this is not hog wash. We’ve seen more from Jester. I’m going to use command. I will let it happen. I will say dance. I will dance. Do you resist at all? No, I don’t resist. See, this is the power of the travel. We can make people happy happy. We’re going to the con. I would be careful. In general or specifically. Both. Strange new forms of worship, and gatherings of reporters can sometimes lead in the negative direction. TRAVIS: Well, he has – been around for a really
– long time. It’s not like its anything new. You. I don’t want to spook any people. That’s okay. It’s so hard to have good relationships with the help. – What is our next
– move? Well, do you have a question? Something on a game? Sure. We kind of more or less got confirmation that the– You heard word that similar activities have been happening. You have only heard tidbits. – I knew we got
– confirmation one way or another. This is our two-week break. It’s our attempt to be a real dnd game. That weekly game is so easy to pick up. Essek is not here. Mm-hmm. Should we contact him again. I get the sense the last time we saw, we shouldn’t be hitting that button. You have an appointment with someone you need to see. More or less. We need to figure out if there are any reports. If there. We’re beating around the bush. If we can, Jester, summon Essek. I’m going to try to try to summon him. I’m going to send another message. What message are you going to send? So we’re here? Should we come see you? Man, we miss you so much. Didn’t want to sun Monday you or anything. Are there cupcakes? It’s too late. I’ll gather to your abode post haste. A short time later. [ Knocking on Door ] He’s here. Knock income. He makes his way in. It’s good to see that you have survived your encounter, it would seem of the dragon didn’t stint I sent you? We were amazing. The dragon name was giladon. – Never even saw us
– there. Well,. Mostly. Mostly. Somewhat, a little. Still very impressive. Not too many have done what you have done, and come back unscathed, it seems. I’ve–I’m impressed myself. So what is it that you’ve summoned me for. Well, we’ve been running our errands, and it’s been awhile since we have checked in with the queen and yourself. And we mean to be of use, if we may. We would like to say a big thank you. Our track record has been a little less stellar than I would like. I was hoping that this encounter. Way what? We’re fuckin’ great. Well, we also have heard any reports. We were curious if there was any word of sighting of the laughing hand. At this point no. We’ve put out requests for any other sighting of the creature you have mentioned. None have come back, but – we are, indeed, looking.
– To be clear, did you send anyone to the location we mentioned? There must have been some assignment that they were there. We are looking. Do not worry. I think we’re also possibly curious about. The queen mentioned Beacons still within the empire. And if we can perhaps still the breath of a dragon, it stands to reason that we can help with those as well. You’re in place to call in some of the debt. Yes, indeed. Good. There is, indeed, one Beacon that still remains in the grasp of the empire. We have numerous ways of pushing towards that goal. However, should you have – been careful in your
– dealings, you have little more reach within the empire than someone such as I would, of course. To see if you can discover. I get the impression that you’ve had encounters with people from the academy. From what I understand they seem to have been directly involved with the acquisitions of the Beacons, and know where the current one is being held. I could name the the assembly. I’m familiar. Do I get a sense that he talks genuinely about ending the conflict? You need to warm it up. Oh, wait, can I give you guys–is it too late. Everybody take longer. He’s–he’s pretty much always been Essek. His manner and demeanor rarely changes. It’s just Essek. We do have ties in the empire, some connections. And all these rumors that you’re passing out. Is there any area of the empire in particular? You’ve heard of them being scene last. Unfortunately, such information changes. You see, they know as – well as I do that it’s
– dangerous to keep it in one place for more than a period of time. Such a central artifact would be moved often, most likely. So your guess is as good as mine. Should you run into this information, let us know. Do you have any other teams on this sort of a quest? Oh, we have a few spies throughout, yes. Any way we would be able to identify them just in case we cross each other’s paths? – Not at all.
– I figured. What about the prisoner that they’re keeping, would that be a place to start? You have a couple more days before the execution is carried out, so I would recommend you doing what you’re looking to do. I could ex-Supreme Court you. Do you need help? Come, we leave immediately. He glides through the open door. – So you’re all heading
– with him? Yes, if that’s all all right with you. Just as long as we don’t have the crowd, and it sells itself. No, here for support if you need it. And guidance whenever you need it. Through the strangely off-putting interior and clouding your mind. But a bit you can see the figure sitting, arms bound behind her back. Looks like shackles, holding them to her ankles from behind. Changes from each arm, there are multiple dollars at all times keeping watch. And the chains, do they look taught or loose? They’re somewhat lax. I would not want to jeopardy aize thing at the Dynasty. You seem like an upstanding that you would not throw life away so quickly. Open the door. [door squeak] Er. Her head is down. It’s scraggly and in her face. – Most people who work in
– this area don’t need light in this area. You get the sense that the prisoner, who is human, I believe so. Double check really fast. Yes. Looks emaciated, pale. There is a stench to the chamber. This prisoner has not been kept comfortably in the time that you bought for her life. I enter. I’ll confirm what you already know. I am, do you want to tell me your name. It doesn’t matter, does it. Well, you will be dead in a few days, but I wouldn’t say that it doesn’t matter. Do you have a way of getting me out, friend of the Dynasty? I don’t know. But I do have something to offer. I’m curious. You’ve done a lot for the assembly. I know you’ve killed many enemies of the empire, of the throne. I’m very curious to know how it would affect you if you knew that some of those who you robbed of their breath were innocent. Completely innocent, as loyal as you? What would that do to you? At this point you see the hair move on her face. You can see through the greasy hair, you can see one eye look up to you. We both studied under the same man. There are things bigger than Essek. It doesn’t haunt you at all to know that some of the deeds you committed were predicated on lies? A long time ago. It’s about guiding history. It always has been. I don’t know how my brothers and sisters could stomach wearing that mantle of loyalty knowing that it was woven so thoroughly from sin. And I am very sorry for you. Good men don’t conquer. I’ll die and be forgotten. But at least I know some of my deeds will change of course of history. You’ve certainly learned your lessons by rote. You still have a few to learn, too. I’m sure he’ll find you. He’ll be happy to finish where I couldn’t. He doesn’t like it. When people don’t do as he says. I’m sure it galls him very much. You know, I think I’m a better friend to the empire than a lot of you. You didn’t have to have this. You shouldn’t have had this. It’s a shame. So much potential and so little foresight. Do you know they’re still alive. I know them better than you do. That’s probably true. It was folly to think that I could change your mind, I know. Why would I? What do you want? Why did you come here? None of this was surprising. What do you want from me? Maybe if I could talk to them I could see one inch of change. You haven’t made what I have to do very plain. I’ll be staying around for the end. I consider you a sister, even if you don’t share the sentiment. She leans against the chains a bit, and pulls and rattles. Well, I’ve always been a little empatient. You see a whip of motion as one of the chains goes slack, and the arm wraps around towards you. Counter spell. There is no spell. Can I lean forward? The surprise round. Does that hit a 16? Mm-hmm. Okay. 26 points of piercing damage. As it looks like in one of the hands where a chain had been wrenched free, it’s clutching a piece of medal that has been thrust into your clavicle and throat. You watch as a spray of blood sprays out of Calebs’ chest. That’s when I run forward. And beat her across the face. Make the attack roll. Natural 20. All right. Go ahead, . Caduceus, then I’m going to crash her up the side of her head with my shield. Attack her with the shield. I don’t know what I add to that system. Maybe an arm strike. It would be an arm strike. 20 to hit. Yes, so that would be–that would definitely hit. What’s one damage and your strength modify ier. I’m a push her back with a shield four. You push her back and she’s pressed against the other half. You pull Kay lamb back. The blood comes out of the wound. – Manages to not strike
– quite as vitally as she hoped. Even though at at moment am raising her cross bow you fill her chest. And you see Essek lifting her off the ground. And you see her. [choking] Blood coming from the corners of her mouth and – her eyes wide.
– That’s how it looks to you. I walk up to her and stare into her identify to eyes Essek. The chains go taught. And you hear the metal bend as the chains pull and break in pieces. I’m going to look into pull . I’m helping to apply pressure. Can we heal him? We can heal him. Thank you. You’re keeping him for wounds. I’ll do level three cure wounds. That ought to do it. I’ll do a level 2. Alrighty. Er. Did she give you any useful information? Yes. Yes? Oh, yes. Do you have anything else you want to talk to her about? That is just a pause. Oh, yes. She still might not want to talk. Would you allow us to use this corpse as an interrogation? Quickly. And do not mention that I allowed this to anybody. And that goes for you as well. The guards all kind of– Taking a risk, a nod, and step back a bit. Move away from the chamber. Um, um. We’ll just have to keep the–we don’t need much. I got an idea. [SINGING] Give me a day. We could take our head with us. Unfortunately, no. This needs to be notified to the rest of the dens, and a body needs to be produced. If we don’t find information in a way that we were not just able to do. Are you attempting to speak to the corpse? Yes. I cannot allow it. – That’s standard
– procedure after execution. The body cannot be utilized in the same way again. If they attempt to make the body available for such, a ritual, and it does not work, they’ll know that it was done in advance. Which will lead them to – me, which will lead them
– to you. Couldn’t we be across the room when they do it? I think that may be stepping beyond the bounds of your arrangement is situated. That’s too bad. I want to help as much as I can. But there are limitation limitations. I think she did this intentionally. I think this was–well, yeah. I mean, . It’s a clever way to make sure that you can’t any more questions. You can’t be the ones to do it. There is protocol. The last thing we need is to have anything like this to be traced back to me or you. You have been more than generous. You really have. He takes his own bloody hand, and wipes her hair out of her eyes. I’m sorry. I think we’re done here. I think we are. Are there any scars on the body. The arms and legs have been pulled from the limbs to the point that they’re still attached, but definitive separation internally. Most of the– I’m specific liqueurous about the – arms and legs.
– You do notice scars on the form arms that are similar to the ones Caleb has. If it’s All right, I – would like to approach
– the body. Call. No funny business. Nothing funny. I want to press the arm and see if I–what the scars feel like. Make a medicine – check.
– I look over his how would because I know – what he’s doing.
– I want to know what caused the scars. Okay. I don’t know what he’s doing. I think he was going to – see if there were still
– crystals in there. I don’t think that I would know that yet. But I do know that they’re matching from well, ascertain the nurture of the scars. 25. Okay. Looking them over, you can see that there are multiple, probably for each arm somewhere in the individual scars that are puncture scars. They’re not seemingly fine powerful I can see what looks to be faint patterns in the placement of the arms, intentional. Does it look like runes or anything like – that?
– Not like runes. But the scars are deliberate, and they’re mirrored on each arm. Caleb. This is the same thing that happened to you? Yes. All of this. I think we should get out of here. Yes. One last thing. Did she just manage to break that chain? Or file it down? It seemed like she was under lock and key. How did that happen? I’m curious about that myself. There is conversation Essek is infuriated. The guard backs down and seems to curtail and step back in his position. And he goes back to you. Well, it seems that the courages, they’re well trained. We should get going. Just out of curiosity, I’m just going to go and check out the body. How tall-ish was she? The best you can glance outside of the crushed status of the body. From what you have seen, from from in the neighbor of 5’2″, 5’6″. Do you think you can make yourself look like her? Obviously. Only slightly bigger looking. Also. Out of character, did she seem younger or older than Caleb? Younger than Caleb. You could probably guess looking at her. It’s hard to to you how emaciated and how unhealthy she is from the time being capture # 37. The next generation. Let’s get out of here. Home we go. That leads you out of the prison. And impact to your home above ground. What would you like to do? – I don’t know.
– What do we do? We’re going to check out with the queen? I don’t think we need to. That will go towards our debt. Is Essek still with you? Unless you tell him 20 lead? There are no resources of any kind that you could provide in our foray back to the empire? Yes, a lead of errors. What kind of resources would you require. Everything has been placed in the war effort 3 do you know the blast place that this Beacon has been seen? Belduwen. And you don’t have any face houses. We have a few locations that we’ve established. But for the purposes of keeping them safe. Respectfully I cannot tell you. The tripod. Does that help us at all? Did it touch it? Did that count? Can we scre on that? No, I guess we don’t. Are you able to scrye on things that you’ve – never seen before.
– It would be dangerous. I’ll have to think about that for a minute. If I was clever I would have it very protected of such things. Yeah, yeah, holder hold son. We can go back and retrace their steps, I – suppose.
– We could. You know. Which could try to. Get our hands on it. It’s a creature sort of thing. You can scry on people but you haven’t seen the location – before.
– I can scry on location or people but not like an object. Going back to what Essek–essex. The members of the assembly. Do we know all the members of assembly acaleb does. What if we go back to usa, arene s and Nick . You know how we like all old rich people know each other? I don’t know that. He might have heard rumor. Expert smugglers. If I was in the academy I would try to distance myself from any of this – on my hands as much as I
– could. We were in possession of one. Exactly. Why wouldn’t they be with the others. Well, they are. They’re moving, you said. They’re sending more military. – They would be trying
– to use the one that we stole. Can you, like, since do magic that you are tapped into that? That’s what you call that, Essek doing magic. You’re talking about Jacking into the main frame? Yes, can you do that? It is referred to as dunamagic. Yes, dunamagic. I’m just shortening it. Dunamagic. It’s just fine. It’s difficult for many to grasp. It’s elaborate. You don’t have to be patronizing. But I always do. That’s true. I could meditate upon the–I would need some incense and ivory, but I could maybe glean some information that we didn’t have. I actually like Jester’s idea of the gentleman. He’s very well connected. If there is any other tricks of your kind that you think could help us in our search. My home is out of control. I want to end the – conflict.
– I know many here think that is insanity. I do not, and everything that I’m learning here. I mean, for the good of both of our people. There it is. That’s a d 4. That is crazy. 22. 22. Alrighty. I. To the den. All of us? This may be a bit above your respective levels of understanding. Well now I feel like. He’s laying it on thick. I’m just being honest. We could gather some things. We have our own notes to hit. I’m going to go fucken watch it. Okay. You earned a show. I’m going to make popcorn in the kitchen, – and I’m going to sit
– down and watch them. You’re going to watch people study for the SAT. You’re referring to yours or ours? Yours. Do you enjoy the idea of drawing discarded potential from an intended timeline. That is intriguing. How do you mean? Let me show you. He pulls out a book underneath the cloak. I’m going to text you two spells. I’m going to text you two spells. And then we’ll take our break just about now while we’re doing this. It’s 8:40, and it seems like a good rest point. We’ll be back here in just a minute. As the Wizards convene, and have a lesson. Oh, gassed you up? Back here in a few minutes. We do have our Wyrmwood give away this evening, tonight. This is the new redesigned. Oh. By Devon ruin which is this amazing piece. This specifically is the purple heart. Yes, yes. And 24 is freaking cool looking. One lucky person will have that bequeathed to them at the end of the break, and the word tonight is faith. Faith. We don’t have the rights. So once in the chat, you may be disqualified. Once again, U.S. and Canada only, we’ll be back shortly with the winger. Oh! You did it again. We have a winner of the awesome Wyrmwood box box. Well done. Just like that. To become a fixed point in space. And for instance, he takes out what looks to be a small sack, and pours some good dust from his hands and scatters it across. He does the small series of finger motions that creates a the dust pulls towards the glyph, and it vanishes, and the share remains fixed in space. [Applause] And does not budge at all. You’re pretty strong. See if you can. Move it. Give it a tug. I am going to tackle. Can I give myself guidance? I’m a willing creature. Sure. So, it’s not good. 12. It cub mean at all. Number it’s frozen in place there. If. Climb up and sit on it. It is. Is that comfortable? I mean, it’s pretty. It will go for about an hour until he wishes it to stop. Oh, worth it. Hopefully it would be I am am. Interesting. And I will request that you be careful when using this in any public space. What are thee. It’s risks that are pretty well guarded. I put myself at risk by putting this. Maybe. But this is an extension of the trust and return to you in at the point. There are people I would like to thank. We have friends now. I like that. So, when you move through it from moment – to moment, you make
– choices. Each choice guides the next path of this timeline. But when you make that choice, so many potential time lines are left to decay. So much potential lost to redistribute. Here’s a small piece sitting from inside. And draws quick across the air. You watch this line carve across, and where it does it looks like shadow pours out of it, but the shadow forms legs and a cloak. You see what looks to be a black shadowy copy of Essek. [jester gasping] These are reflective of echos. They’re potential serves left to fade. Run realized time lines. This has allowed us the ability to call them. After all, they are a piece of us. Why not make use of them before they’re reabsorbed. If you spent time with it, then you sense that possibility. You focus on this technique. But as practitioners. Are an arcane arts. It is a little more specific. This version here contains a facet of my magical capability ies. Cast one spell. But when cast, it can easily be destroyed. So keep it safe. You need a better Wizard than I am. Don’t tell it that. Come, I’ll show you how to copy it down. And the spells become available to you, the resonant spell and the movable object spell. Can I practice, too? Sure. He takes his book and hands it to you. Tell me, what are these particular peck glyphs can you ascertain. Now is the time. Now is the time. Traveler. It looks absolute gibberish on the page. So what do you see? I see great peril and lots of time changing, and I see this slow kind of looks like a mouse. That’s a tree. That’s a tree. You can see this line right here. And then– Make a perception check. As you’re pulling up the tree, Essek pulls the book away. I think we’ll keep this between us. I’ll learn it in other ways. Of course you are. I probably could teach you some things, Essek. I bet I could. I certainly might, but I’m not particularly interested in what you have to teach. Nevertheless, he takes the book back and tucks it in the cloak. So I will bid you goodbye. Remember, be careful. Echos are definitely indicative of Dynasty. It would be very easy someone from the empire question your allegiance. Why would she question my allegiance. Very well. Good luck. You and remember. Should you find it, time is of the essence. You. Essek, could you put the chair back in the air? It’s just really cool up there. Your friend Caleb can do that. It’s not inexpensive. Okay. Do you have 25 coins to pass along? I do but I don’t know if a chair in the air is worth it. You. That’s exactly what I – mean.
– He leaves you to your devices. But with two morphs sets of dinomancy. I didn’t understand what those glyphs actually meant. I know he thought that I did, but I didn’t. You could knock his block off. I wouldn’t compare. Not if he was using spells against me at the time, I don’t think. I’ve seen you use confession to hold your own. I walk up and I grab his hand. I just want to say I know what you did today was very, very hard. Probably didn’t go the way you were hoping it would. If you need me to talk about it with you, I’m here for you, okay? You’re a good friend. So are you. Will you do some boring shopping with me on the way back? If you can was. I will look for Jacques God dust. In equal amounts. 25 per casting. I’ll take the gold dust, and I’ll wrap them up when I’m ready. I’m going to buy gold dust as well. These are for special pranks I want you to cast. What have I done? What have I done? I’ll take this larger sack, and I’ll put it over here. Your gold dust will go in hire. ♪ I wanted to be there ♪ What is this rusty trombone, and why won’t it move? How much is the paper, and how much are you needing? What do you need? That is very generous of you. I will want to buy gold for ivory strips. You find what you need across. I would say three different shops. Lightweight but strong string. Like fishing wire. Yes, fishing wire is available. TRAVIS: Then two ball bearings, but these big minotaur balls. Maybe not that. Maybe not a bolo. There are fishing weights that you need for that. – Great.
– You can get some cable. You can probably get – fishing line, but it’s
– not going to be very strong. Whatever you think. Wound cable. How about two? So, while the night sky is ever present, you know from your general awareness of time passage, the constant shifting of location does give you adjustment to having to figure out where you are, and the time of day. The night after a day of traversing, investigating, conversational learning. We should make a list. How many scrys do you have? We’ve got astrid. That’s probably not going to work. This would be an experiment. Could you describe yourself to look like her, so I know exactly what she looks like? There are quite a few of them. Pissed off a lot of people. Then there was your other friend. Vesduragna. They’re going to be pretty guarded as far as this goes. I imagine their blocking capabilities might be higher than my scrye capability? Hard to get a handle on. There are eight positions that rule the assembly. And then someone deputy eyes. Is there are eight at the top, always. When one of them is no longer for this world, they bequeath it to one of their children or send it off to someone that they deem worthy. Of industry is younger. We’ve seen her. No, we’ve heard of her. We saw her? Maybe not. It’s been a long time. I feel like we came into contact of Ormond Haws. You come in contact with him briefly. You saw him at the tournament where you battled. We heard about vesta r a duragna. She would have understood or known what – the Beacon was, and
– could have been the person. She knows about it. You know, we’ve never checked it out. We’ve never fully inspected it. We never talked to your husband about the tripod? No, we never did. We could also do that that. I could send a message to him. Sure, sure, add him to the list. Message which is much easier than a scrye. Yes, yes, yes. Should I begin a ritual for this, the deluxan. What ritual? So you can find out some stuff about it? I can ask the – Wildmother to tell me as
– much. We never delved deep into what it is or what it can do. Not very many people can get this – information.
– This is a wonderful suggestion. This feels a lot like a good ‘ol fashioned mystery. – It really does.
– We just have to gather up the glues and the evidence, and we’ll find exactly what we’re looking for. – And then questioning
– the suspects. Yes. And crack. It’s impressive that you’ve learned to meditate. I’m going to begin with legend lore. Can I assist you? You can get everyone to quiet down. Everyone shut the fuck up. The vow of silence. He’s already doing it. It takes a brief moment to set up. It’s not extremely extensive. You watch Caduceus’ eyes go wide 37 and soon the Irises look clear over. Them it fools like the snow light. You were asking about luxe. Specifically the one that we’re missing. The our of the pair. – The one that you’re
– looking for? The one that you’re looking for. That Beacon is one of many. Of which only a few have been found. This was uncovered probably 700 years ago. The number range big parts of deluxe. :contains the prospect of time. The prospect of decision. Of destinies, and breaking them. They brought themselves in to the every spinning cycle of rebit. Who has been in contact with it. An it has seen open worship on days of sunlight. After even those who have found pain. You have seen the grasp and ushered out in the night, and given to figures who are not meant to hold it. How long ago can I tell? How long? How long it’s been in other hands? You hmm. It’s not really of legendary importance. You get brief images of the timeline that it is. – It’s tumbled through.
– That’s about as much as you can grasp. Much of the information you already new. It’s nice to have some confirmed time lines. We also know that there is more than two. I guess we did know about the wedding. The number range. The number of the mountain range is the mountain range on the eastern side. It was found somewhere near the mountain range on the eastern land. It’s also known as the classic historical fame. But the light shower is what it’s–light shore is what it has been – called since the
– calamity. Interesting. That was 700 years ago. It’s probably not the light shore yet. It would have been shortly after the calamity. All right, all right. Well, that’s a start. Let’s start the scribe parade. Who should I start with? Caleb, this is really– Oh, Oh, do you want – me to send a message?
– Okay. But if we’re going to do that, we’re going to ask him where did the tripod come from, who gave it – to him.
– What’s it’s made of. How about everything that he can tell us. In 25 words. In 25 words. So where did it come from, who gave it to him. Do we know what it’s for? Why not. They’re also trying to create. Excitement. Others. I remember the dudamancey. Caleb remembers. We’re safe. Question. Question, question. You. I’m going to tell him stop it. Who made, where from? What for? How’s Luke. You. Be brief in your – responses.
– You can tell him that, too. You have 5 words responded. You poop. [laughing] So we beat a dragon up. Poop. I’m confuse ed. Luke’s is fine. Dragons a lot. I’m not sure I know what you meant. Tripod? That’s it. He doesn’t know what a tripod is. Let’s pull it out. It’s in the bag. He has it. It is a tripod. It is lighter than you would expect the tripod to be. Is it magical? At the top of it looks like the triangular portion of the pieces coming together. There are pore protrusions, and so it had multiple points of contact to keep it in place. It looked like there were other small things beneath it. He didn’t know about it. Maybe he didn’t remember that I was talking about that tripod. – You should have been
– more specific. [laughing] This is just one Detective to another. It’s constructive criticism. All right, who is next. I’ll take the tripod and put it down. It’s not magical. It’s money. I want to whack it against the grounded. Okay, make a strength test. Are you rolling with the same dice every time. Yes, I am. Strength 3. Okay. – You don’t bend it.
– You don’t permanently damage it. You hear the hollow tube element at the center of the side it impacts. – It’s collapsible,
– right? Yes, there are two pieces per side. The number of rings is not far from where we are. On these maps there are islands on the lake with – these rings on them.
– I don’t know if that matters. We red those. We could go to the mountain range and find another Beacon. Let’s prod a bit more before we get there. You mean like someone who is watching someone else’s cat, and it dies, and you go to the bet store and get a cat with the same color and bring it to the person? – Yes could you do
– that? Yeah. Wow, that’s dark. So we’re going to try to scrye on someone. Who would you prefer to try? No. I make Beauregard look like as tried. I make Nott look like a tiny vest duragna. She’s about your height but her hair is short, brown. She was 17 when I last saw her. She has short brown hair, maybe four or five inches long. She has a slight–she has attractive but severe features. Aed wolf is taller than Caleb is now, and is fairly muscular, and has a buzz-shorn head of plaque black hair. A he’s got thick black hair. Maybe we should look at some of those. I’ll just remember what astrid looks like. Just so I have it. Then I’m not going to get bogged down with – details about her
– hairstyle and everything because it probably has changed by now. How long ago did you need them, Caleb? Er. It was a long time ago that I was 16 years old. 23 years old. You’re so old. [laughing] The last time I saw her, I was 17. She was 18. Okay, okay, one of those older girls. [laughing] You want to scrye on vest? Do you want to sit down and think really hard about it? Hold on to my traveler symbol, I know this isn’t a cult, okay? I know. You feel a handclaps yours. That’s amusing. Is it? Quite amusing. But unfortunately something keeps our vision at bay. I knew something would happen. You look back, and nobody is there. You didn’t see him? See who? You guys are so crazy. You have to pay attention. You from I’m shielded by them. We have scryeed on this young fellow before. You don’t think Yasha will know about the bee can. I wonder if she’s on the same plane as us. Is that even possible? That she would be on another plane? Yes, did you see the the black anus-looking void. It did look like a giant butt hole. Just having to go into a butt hole all the time. Do you want to message the gentleman. Message him or scrye on him. He’ll just be doing things. What if is it is secret. You If he’s anything like my mama, he could be getting a lot done. Gentlemen, assembly. You have contact? You have connection? This is the stupidest. Just to save space. That’s stupid. It makes me sound dumb. I don’t like it. Can we ask about the Beacon? Beacon, where? This is possibly my father. I have to sound cool. Hi, dad. [laughing] Oh, my God, right out of the fucking gate? [laughing] It looks like we may be coming back to the area you’re in. Do you know anything about this, like, Beacon thing? Also we would love to see you. What are you doing? I assume this is Jester. [laughing] I’m not your father. I don’t know what a Beacon is. And I’m busy. But come say hi if you’re in town. It might be worth it. He super misses us, you guys. Oh, really? Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Did you know in the beginning of your message you said hi, dad. Yeah. You led with that. – I already told him
– that I know that he’s my dad. How did he take it? He said, oh my gosh, I’ve been waiting for a long time to talk to you, see you, and gosh, I missed you growing up. – I can’t wait to learn
– more about your life and stuff. This is all in one – reply?
– No, he said that before. This time he’s oh my gosh Jester, I’m so glad it’s you. I don’t know what the Beacon is. Sure. Potential lead maybe. Mm-hmm, mm-hmm. For the record I’m going to drop some percentile dice right now because I’m curious. Ooh. I was doing–I was going to ask what direction we should–in what direction we should find the Beacon. And you have to roll over your level, is that how this works? Yes, there is 10% chance that you have to roll 10. I rolled an 18. If this would have been a zero you would have gotten it. I already knew what I was asking. Fair enough. I know it’s down for a long rest. It’s all good. Well,. I haven’t scryed on the second person. I think it’s a safe bet that all of the assembly are equally protected. So our next option is blondie for a student. Yasha. – Let’s figure out
– where we’re going tonight. And then Yasha we can do tomorrow. Okay. Do you think astrid is probably the same way? way. I received this. Did you receive that from the lady. No. Did you steal it? – Pretty much.
– What does it do? Make sure that I cannot be seen or found by someone like Jester. So they have to have not completed their training yet. Could anyone be entrusted with knowing where the Beacon is? No, I was fairly isolated when he was being instructed. No offense, but it seems that those of his ilk use it more for upsetting, clandestine ed. Blondie. I don’t think he had anything to do with the Beacon. It is strange that all this is happening at the same time. We have a fraction of his robe that was left behind in one of the portals. Yes. Are we even sure if what is this demon face that abducted Yasha wasn’t that guy but another disguise. We don’t think it was the same person. A different person? We were trying to track. Yeah, he had the book. He had the book. He was with the kingy dude. Dwinda. I’m going to scry on ‘ol blondie. all right. I think its 17 yes, 17. Feeling the proximity of the gentleman, the traveler a second time. The traveler sits at your side. Puts his hands around yours. Fuck. I’m useless today. Absolutely useless. It’s been a long day. I wouldn’t say that. Some of us have been just sitting here, watching. Get the fuckin’– That will continue. I think there is a mosquito now. I think we’ve upgrade ed. There is always one option for us. Which is? There is always the we the well. The last ditch is some commune. I’ll earn my last fifth of the day, and let’s have a you a commune. You feel your consciousness expand a bit. You focus in the tree above you, and through that tree you use it almost like a divining rod to gain her attention. The one plushes over, and you sense that she can hear your voice. We’re following many strange directions on this path that we’re on. We currently searched for the Beacon. Do you know which direction or where we might travel to find – that which we seek?
– Unfortunately, the questions have to be yes or no. That’s right. They need to be they need to be–they need to be answered with a yes or no or uncertain. It’s the ouija board of certain spells. We find what we’re looking for in the islands to the South? Yes. Does our friend Yasha work against us on this point in this quest. [yelling] That which is dead cannot. Alrighty. The question was, . Against this particular quest. No. Have we met those who would keep us–knows who would keep us from this artifact, are they known to us? Have we seen their faces? Uncertain. You get the sense that when you made the request about the mission reports. Plus the animals seemed to ping. There are many quests that you are on that pertain to some of them. There is something down those aisles at the very least. Are they looking at a fly? You’re gone, bags. You’re gone. Am I dead? I don’t like it. These are the ones that we were just speaking of. Yes, those are in a lake. Those that you’re referring to. That was. I’ll also say that in the spell you don’t have to actually answer with a yes, or you can be vaguely more specific if you choose to. Even I can. So the first question would be. Not for those. In that direction. I have so if we want to, we have nothing else, that is a way to go. What is your lead? I would have put most of this out loud. Is there anything of the southwest of us. Maybe of some interest, perhaps. Well. What do we do? You know, we could–do you think diner would know anything about where this thing might be kept? – I don’t know if she
– would know anything currently. But she might have directions. She would be able to – answer some questions.
– What did she tell you? She wants to work together. If anything it’s us. If. Well,. Well then? We could go–I don’t. Rumble off the menagerie coasts will has a volcano. We have to be there any way. And there is a Wizard we can talk to. If we’re going to try to make it to traveler con,we’ll have to get back on the boat. We’ve got month’s for that. We have seven weeks. This seems like–no offense, this is a bit more pressing, no? We’re not going to wait six weeks. I think we have to keep shaking bushes, personally. – I don’t know, this thing
– has been lost for a while. I don’t think we’re going to find it in the next 48 hours. I don’t think we’ll show the state pieces. We don’t need to get ready for TravelerCon, there are people to talk to there. It’s the place to go to start shaking bushes. I’m disappointed with the amount of time it will take to get on a boat and travel. It would be nice to have one lead somewhere in the empire. Well, if we leave the empire, then we have to get out of the empire. I think we should let Beauregard discuss with Dairon, and then return. Whatever your campaign ability. Home. To the umpire. I know, saying hello a little bit more. Just tricky. Maybe they would be willing for me to get a sense of just how trustworthy they are. I think I need your trust. What are you going to do to her? Cast a truth spell. The idea would be not to do that sneakily but to ask. Asking if we could just make sure that all the cards are on the table. What do we want her do? Do we want her to stay here and be our liaison – while we’re gone?
– Whatever she wants to do. I’m mostly concerned with any leads or information she might have about how they move things around. She is a he a little restricted here on her own. – But maybe this is where
– she would like to be. We tell her everything in what we’re trying to accomplish, and where we can find. Just a bit of flare here, everyone is still under-seeming. And people may or may not Caleb just staring at astrid for periods of time. I’m going to get Dairon. All right. Dairon. This is Caleb’s e Caleb ex, don’t be weird. I appreciate the warning. This is very curious. I’m not one to ask. What do you require? We’re trying to figure out a plan going forward. Mm-hmm. We’ve been task to try to find the last lost Beacon. And bring this whole war to an end. I think we all want to see. So you’re on a mission for the Dynasty, correct? To return an artifact. I’m on a mission with my team and my family that we believe could help bring an end to this conflict. There’s nothing to do with science. It has to do with wanting to see the end of death and suffering. A bunch of Wizard fucks stole an artifact in their ostentatious for more fucking power or eternal life or whatever the fuck. I don’t honestly care. I’d rather give it back and not continue to watch my people die because of some aristocratic aristocratic aristocratic aristocratic aristocratic aristocratic high if a a lotten. I’ve aseen racism and big industry and hatred from both sides. If maybe we can remove one of these whatever, if we move any amount of pressure, don’t you think that’s fucking worth it? Dairon’s eyes have – not moved to Caleb or
– anyone else. Just focused in reading you. She takes a few slightly aggressive steps in your direction and looks at you a few inches from your face. And you truly believe this? An an expositor for everything that we present under the gaze of the knowing mistress yourself, you believe this, and you would stake your life on it? You told me to seek out the corruption. You told me to trust no one. You told me to find the – information.
– I could be wrong, but I’m doing exactly what you toll me to do. What you told me to do. Fuck the kobazo. You’re the first person who ever fuckin’ believed that I could even make something of myself. I don’t know who would vouch for me over there, but I assumed it was you, and I’ve always assumed that it was you. I am proud of you. You are a fine expositor. Which you now are. Because I say so. Now, I will not mention that you said fuck the kobazo. I only meant like principle. And I hope your instincts are correct. So survive this. Then the others will know what I know as well, of what you’ve done. Okay. I hope I’m right, too. I hope we’re right. Do you know where we could start? I imagine if you’re looking for the assembly where most of the business is done, you would look at where any of the academies are, the candles of the exetrom, where many of them live. – You can look for, if you
– have means of discovering where some of their personal – laboratories are,
– perhaps their answer is there as well. But this is information that even I have been seeking. Try ask, demand, instruct. What are you going going to do. Are you going to try to stay here? I came here for a reason, and I feel like I’m getting close for some sort of answers. What reason did you come here for? – When you go to try to
– discover what the assembly is doing, I have a hunch that there is someone or some people here who is involved with the enemy. If I could figure out right whispers, and figure out who is this group, these individuals that are working against the Dynasty and the empire on both sides. I could also bring it all town, . I wonder if you should find out if anyone else went to visit the prisoner. Somebody left her off of her chains. Whoever it was might be – working.
– I could ask some questions. This is good information. I don’t know if you heard about that, but she like filed it down to a dagger shank-type thing. She also could have had it given to her. Yes. If she were set to be executed, and was bound in this way, there would – bic no possibility of
– her filing anything down. If she was, indeed, wielding something, it was most likely given to her. Yeah. I will continue this. You pursue your goals to the west. We’ve been scrying on some guy. We just called him blondy. I degrees myself up to look like him. You do that? Mm-hmm. You know this guy? She gives a look. He has access to the king or someone important. That leaves you a tight look over, seeing glimmers of recognition and space. That turns your head from one side to the other. She knows who this guy is. You look so much like vens. Fuckin’ vens. Vens luthalias. Why are you looking for this one? Is she he a shitty person? I have only seen him a few times. He’s. Would he have been called my leige. Well, we found a piece of vens’s rope to one of the portals. He was helping to open the portals. We heard that there was someone working on this side. We chased that person off to the north, an they opened up their – laughing hand.
– I feel like this war is a giant distraction. Did you looks, look up anything else about the angel of irons? Or something? I have not been able to go to any of the existing archives since I’ve been here. It’s important. I understand that. But I’m doing research. Once I return maybe to one of the archives. But now I have no means of doing so. Ludnes would be stationed. Yes, but he’s moving around a lot going about the business of the assembly. He’s one of the founders. He’s quite capable. That makes things more difficult. I do have one idea. I do know with the home of–it’s probably a deathtrap. It’s possibly a better idea than trying to distract information from the fortress or something like that. That sometimes more–it would be breaking into the private residence of one of the most dangerous men in the empire. Does he have access to these bad ass pays? His head turns slowly cocked to one side. And then turns back to Beau. They’re magic pains. I was hoping. You should see the wonders that they’re capable of. I don’t think Dairon thinks I’m cool. Dairon doesn’t think that anyone is cool. It’s true. That’s what happens when you’re too cool. How do we get there. We don’t have that. We don’t have one in the empire. At the empire no. You’ve only encountered them in Uthadurn, Nicodranas. Do they have a tell poretation? Yes. Do you have the similarible? No—-do you have the signal? It’s not my bailiwick bailiwick. TRAVIS: How do we get to the dash. I wouldn’t know. We have to go to Nicodranas. But that’s super far. But Essek could do it again. We could stack up the – favors that are owed.
– We’re doing this mission on his request. I don’t know if he – would be willing to
– teleport us to the middle of the import. That’s a lot. You’re asking us to go into enemy territory. Honestly, he seemed a little bit peeved that we keep asking him to take us places like he’sen older similar bringer bling or something. Time is of the essence. We could go to a place that is not even near. We know Hoperduke. That’s where I was raised. This is all fine and dandy that we’re trying to do this, but none of – it matters if we won’t
– do it. He just left here, didn’t he. – Yes.
– Well call him back. I can’t. I don’t have any more sending. Shit balls. Where are we going? We’re going to sleep. We’re checking it out. I say we ask to do that in the morning. We’re capable. We’re in vain. That’s where all – these people are.
– We’re just trying to guess. They have homes in lexing ton, but they travel all over. I cannot guarantee that they’ll be there. For sure, but that’s where–I mean, the candles are not a desperate place. – The candles.
– Like the fancy district. Have you seen the symbol of the assembly. Yes. You saw it once. You saw it in–in–in the vagrant. You saw three diamond diamond-like shapes that are pointing to themselves, and underneath there are eight spirals that curl up around it. Be. The cappeddels are eight towers that encircle. Er the stronghold. So these homes where they may not be on extreme you one of the more dangerous places to attempt. Many thieves have tried. Let’s just say that somebody doesn’t lose many favorite antiquities. They lost one to us already. Was I on a scale–were they sequestered in one of those towers or taken out of town. They were taken out of town, and Caleb would know. Was the last name dragontoffs ring a bail. I have heard of them, but could you include a ring including them that might have contact with a member. There are still elements of the mirror accurate. You thought destroyed almost two decades ago. They still still have the outskirts of the empire. Those are largely just rumors or individuals. You list go to sleep. Contact Essek, and see if we can. I’m kind of into this dash idea. We can check in with cobalt reserves. We have a better support structure there. It seems a little it seems like eight people running at a Castle. The like super duper guarded. What they have going on is that network. What I’m talking about outside of the recognize is a home on the countryside. Away from the city. – If it’s not in the
– city, that’s a whole other– But then what? We still have allies. No, no. We could find. We presumably would have records of something. You’re breaking into his vacation homoposed to his portrait? I’m looking back. It was in the square that it was made. The school. The school is in Rexburg. A street place? It wouldn’t have a lot of connection if he didn’t want to be disturbed. So we’re in favor of this plan. I don’t know what we’re going to find. Well, there is only one way to find out. [ CHUCKLING ] Let’s pick a spot and go. We have to fucking ask Essek first. Go to sleep. Make sure you have all the information before making big choices. Careful. I do have a fourth level spell slot. Okay. Sorry to bother you again. Would you be able to. Provide transport into a place if we’re able. You have a capable arcanist in your mist. You should not have a problem returning to where you came from, right? I’m going to send the message back. For the record, that’s how I was feeling about you two. I was just double checking because we needed to check. I wish you luck. Let me know should you discover what this Beacon may be. I’m going to send another message back. [laughing] We’ll definitely do that. And also have a really good nice sleep. And thank you for everything today. It was really cool. Sweet dreams. The response is aah. That’s it. [laughing] Couldn’t you get us into the empire. Let’s go to bed. Perhaps they have records here. Of different why would they have records. We have to go to Nicodranas. That’s just the way it is. Now go to sleep. Now who can argue with that? We’re not going to find cheat code to get there. I’m fine with Nicodranas. It can take forever. We don’t have a cheat code. We don’t– It will be thousands of miles. I think we’re closer here than Nicodranas. – But we have to cross
– over battle territory. This border is contested. That one not as much. What was it? Utah during. Uthadurn. Is Uthadurn closer? Wait, what about Uthadurn. That is further. Uthadurn we won’t have to cross enemy territory. And the formats. Uthadurn we drop down. Nicodranas we go up. This is Uthadurn. Oh, boy. You guys, this is a big world, okay? Can you make the world smaller? No. This is cool, though. And this here. This is the empire space. This is row Rosohna. This is smaller than this. A little bit. Then where is Uthadurn. Uthadurn is up. They’re all the same. Very similar distance. [laughing] I don’t know how that worked out, but it did. Look at that. I agree, we should just go to Nicodranas and get it over with. If we go to Nicodranas we can stop – in on dash along the
– way. Ta-da-d. And set up the trip to the TravelerCon. We sleep. All right. We wake. As you’re going to sleep. You curl up in bed. And you see something shift at the foot of the bed. You see sitting at the edge of the bed a familiar green cloak. I sit up. So what do you think? I know you said your preference may have been with a new volcano. But you seem less intrigued the last time we spoke. Yeah, I don’t know. – I thought it was going
– to be cooler than it was. Don’t get me wrong. It was really cool. But it kind of felt like, like the Wildmother’s territory that makes any sense. And like, why would we want to go somewhere that has been stamped by something else. Why can’t we go claim something of our own. You know, it’s kind of Barren. We haven’t been to anywhere tropical in a. It’s fairly tropical as an island. What is it like? When are we going to do that. We will figure this out as we get closer to the dates. I haven’t. They came in, do you want me to make lots of, like, idols to you, or do I need to get word out to the rest of your followers? Do they already know? They’ve all been notified. I’ll be sure that their things go out. Your presents are coming in. That’s the plan. Is that okay? Yes. They’re not in any danger, right? No. I don’t know why I – was asking that.
– I just guessed, you think volcano, you think someone is going to be sacrificed or something, and that seems weird. That’s not my realm of expertise. I’m looking forward to this. It’s weird that nobody else can see you. It’s a funny thing. But if you ever get lonely, just call. Call my name. Okay. You know that if I’m not there, I’m thinking of you. All right. You don’t know anything about this beard Beacon thing that we’re going to looking for, do you? It’s got everybody up in arms. [laughing] It is certainly intriguing, that’s for sure. I’m just as curious as you are. Yes. Maybe not so much to be up in arms. But certainly curious. There are some cool things. Did you get that guy get squished. But I guess she was a girl. We’re so close. I’m so excited. Me, too. – I’m excited for you to
– meet the rest of your brothers. Me, too. Thank you, Jester. Thank you. Sleep well. He runs the hand over the side of your head. Good night. You turn around, and nestle in your pillow, you look back and he’s gone. You. The next morning comes to you. The familiar darkened mornings. What would you like to do? Are you ready? Yeah. Yeah. Sorry. Anything before you leave? Just scrye on that guy one more time? I can try, sure. I’ll try to scrye one more time. All right, traveler. I start drawing. Okay. The travel sits across from you. Obscuring everything but the jaw. They smile and he goes. [sighing] Not this one. Oh, what a shot. Anything else before we go? Need some written note. No, I think I’m doing okay getting around by my preferred means. Quietly. Decides, should I need a note I can always forge it. You all have such interesting handwriting. Don’t be creepy, Dairon. The collections in my room. They’re laid out. And I don’t like them changed around. Please leave them be. I guarantee you they’re going to be somewhat close to their original place. Itch a secret for you – in my room.
– I hope I like it. Dairon follows you. I want to show you. Dairon looks back. Jester. Are we behind closed doors. If you want to, yes. I peek open the door. Are any of these fuckers listening? Nope. Okay. If you tell fucking anyone. You use this for emergency situations only. Only. And if you need to, I know you know how to look like some one of other of us. Which my buy a little bit more validity to it. But you better not fucking use it. And then pull off the symbol of the white queen that I have. And hand it over. I want it back. It’s not a fucking lender. You see a smile on Dairon’s face. Fjord, he’s charming, but don’t fucking abuse it. – And realistically, just
– don’t use it. I don’t know if we might – have some sort of
– registry noting all people who has those, and you’re not one of them. So don’t use it, but you have it. Any other lessons you wish to impart upon me, teacher? I just feel like I had to be stern on that point. It’s appreciated. I will take much care, and thank you. I think this will definitely aid me in my endeavors. Just tell them that we made out or something, okay. As go to leave, she grabs an arm. Don’t die. You tell me that every time. I haven’t forgotten. – So far so good.
– So I’ll keep telling you that. And he releases you. All right. Ready for the trip? Let’s go. We’re ready. All right. You all leap in. The familiar sense of being pulled through this training arcane tether into a dark space. You all gather your feet on a stone floor. And then there is a tower. Message right now. Message right now. Hey, we’re going to be at your house here – really soon.
– We’re going to pop in. Just letting you know in advance before we get there. This message could take a while to get to you because we’re running. [laughing] If the message doesn’t get through. It’s caught in the thing. It says four bars. I appreciate you being patient. I’m busy. You see the face of an older goblin. Well tailored pants. He comes through the door, I jump in. We just got here. Crazy timing. Right, of course. Do you require a meeting with the master? Or are you just passing – through.
– Just passing through. He told us that he was here, though, on the premise, isn’t that right? – He said he was busy.
– Certainly, yes, he is. I mean, do we want to ask about the Beacon? At some point. He said he’s busy. We would have to come back. Maybe we could go visit. You just jumped in to the middle of his day. We could figure things out, yeah. Actually right. You’re led downstairs and out of the tower. And it’s still night in Nicodranas. Oh, okay. Are he still possibly in trouble here? I don’t remember. Nicodranas, it’s probably in the neighbor of, I’d say 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. I would say you’re about to hit dawn. What do he do now? There isn’t much we can do put if to your mothers. We can check in mom, and get the shit together. Check in with other orlc. Ho? Arrange for travel. Do he have any jams here? He could crush it. Crushed scrams. I have–you can crush gems pretty well. Yes, 2500 of gems. Gems are better served for other. Is it? Do you know what you can do with it? It’s really fucking – cool.
– I was saving up my money. Where can we go to get horses and cars and things. Well, the horses and cars are over here. There are places that you know, all kinds of, you know, places to pick up beasts of murder, riding horses, everything in that regard. You’ve made the journey – to and from Nicodranas
– to the empire many times. So you know the faster routes. Should he check in mom. Mom o later. Credit, she’s Yeah, yeah. Five total. Had a the fuck. Definitely no owl. Oh, a PIGEON. Had a do you apt? The chateau? You despise make your atowards lava chateau. The familiar landscape – of the arch as.
– At this point the sun is rising. You can see kind of to the horizon the colors change, the sky. – There are light clouds
– that hold, put it’s nice to see the ocean once more. The familiar smell of sea brine in the nearby shore. Very aming to you as well as to you, Jester, having-brought up in this space. The chateau front doors are closed at this hour, put you know the tricks of opening the door without a key. As you let your way in, you can hear, down the steps, he has a hand cross bow at the red as this large man pokes down. I expected your arrival. A bit early. Or a pit a bit late, depending on where you’re coming from. Your mother is sleeping. Yes, that’s okay. Can we get into some rooms so he can chill. He lumpers off to the main main par court reporter. S You know, you don’t have to do that. It’s so great. [laughing] rapid speed. Had a is your– 25 total. None of you noticed. Leads you guys up. The opposite end of the top stairway, there is another hallway that leads to other chambers. This room you’ve stayed in before. He apologizes. There is only one available room. I’ll let your mother know hen she hen she wakes up, that you’ve arrived. Looking good. Examine. # We’re going to be heading out. Do he feel like he need to talk. I unit say no to talking to anyone at this point. Congress he know I don’t think that he know enough of anything. Should I scrce on someone else? Crash casha. Everyone get pack to organize on this important spell. I’m going to draw on the ground, and I’m going to make some arcane r unes like Caleb draws. It’s beautiful. From a far away it looks like. It can look like a continuous series of paintings of people folded in new ways. Like the “Mad magazine” with the long miniature margin comics. It’s kind of interesting. 17. As you sit and focus, you feel the wind blow in from your window. The smell of the sea air calms you. And the travelers once more goes, I think we found someone. Finally. As you close your eyes, you feel your vision pulled forward through clouds in the sky. To a flash that looks to be a metropolitan area. There is another flash. Make a perception check. 19. 19. At a quick glance that you see there. The perimeter, the periphery, it is just a quick flash, there is something triangular to its shape. Okay. Now, you pulled through to a low-lit hall with marble pillars. Rows and rows of books and scrolls. Splotches of blood. Cold bodies gray and blue have fallen across the stone floor. Yasha walks, step, step. Crimson spray across the front of her face and shoulders. Make another perception check. I’m just going to hold my hands really tight. Can I do that? Am I allowed to do that? Not in the middle. 9. You follow her stepping forward, and down the staircase. A person rushes by, and the person crumbles. Walking up to a door that is broken. Back Yasha stops. You see a man with a familiar voice as he’s looking through a book amongst a pile ever books on the ground. Ven fails to pull his weight. You recognize the voice. You hear a distant scream that is silenced. Followed by a faint echo of laughter. And you heard voices laughing together. Blending and bending. The reading of humans’ eyes go wide as he smiles. Remains were dissected. The heart buried in the den. [ CHUCKLING ] It seems that we have some questions to ask. You feel the presence and the footsteps. Of the laughing hand pushing behind Yasha. The slight laughing. Let us find you a new friend. It extends the other hand to Yasha. Yasha, you can see the block streaks across her face. The tears have run down. Reach out and grab the other hand. All three vanish, and the connection is lost. I told him everything. What was all that? Juriel’s body was bisected. And, you said library library. Is that kobalt reserve. You’ve–have you visited the archive? – No, but I’ve seen the
– outside of it. And what about– You didn’t get a full view of the city. You’re not sure what the interior looks like. It is a triangle. The city itself has a triangular shape to it. Like Zadash. They were in Zadash. They just left. They killed so many people. What were they looking for? Information of restricted books that hide secrets, and information that should be kept from people like them. Who is Juriel. It seems like we’ve heard of that. Let’s make a history check. Anyone who is trained in history, proficient in history go ahead and roll. I’m going to use– 20. You can use d-4. I was going to use guidance. Oh, guidance. Can I do that for the roll? I’ll allow it. 21. There is something beyond the knowledge. This needs to be researched deeper. I would say make another history check for that particular one. Can I do that, too? Yes, yes, he’ll give a pat on the back. It’s not good for me. 17. I’ll allow a religion check for you for Juriel. Eight. Unfortunately, usual experience, learning and teaching did not contain the information that you seek in these brief statements that Jester – managed to pull from the
– scry. Now we have a good excuse toe take a meeting before we leave. You are tapped. Can you scry again? You said there was blood all over the – place?
– There were dead bodies all over the place. Well, we do not know where she has G.O.P. –she has gone. Arrange travel, heading to the empire. Quickly. And that is where we’ll pick up for our next session. So frustrating. Super frustrating. You got used to teleporting. We like to go for multiple chapters now. – Now we’re struggling to
– know where to go next. In the next two weeks there are a lot of things happening. There is an island. TravelerCon. You have time to handle some other things. Yes, I want to find my menagerie. It’s something that you’ll have to research. Menagerie. It will be like the the prisoner hotel. You have to have authority figures against who am I. It’s like having hippy parents. You’re rebelling against yourself now. That’s right. You’re the man now. That’s not what I meant when I said I hate you, mom. That’s not what I meant. I have become mom. All right. That was frustrating and – amazing at the same
– time. I’m so excited. Well, the fly is dead. Long live the fly. The brain is back to kill. To kill. All right. We won’t be here next week because I’ll be flying to Sweden. That will give you two weeks to figure out what you want to do, where you want to go. Should we do a text thread? Level 10, level 10. [laughing] Yeah, no one has even seen you use your crazy sword yet. Soon. It’s practically soliloquy. Should we do something dumb next week? Define dumb. Perfect. – Thank you guys so
– much. We missed you, and we’ll miss you next week. We’ll be back, and we’ll be consistent after that. In the meantime, we love you very much. Good night guys. ♪